Snacking is good for you! When you make healthier snack choices! Read on for the recipe for an awesome snack mix!
When you begin to transition to a healthier lifestyle you may notice that you feel hungry a lot. This is natural. Your body needs nutrients and energy to power through each day. Snacks are a terrific way to satisfy that hunger and give you the energy your body needs to get you to the next healthy meal.
You do need to pay attention to what you eat. Eating fries, fried potato chips, candy bars and snack cakes may give you a temporary boost, but snacks high in fat and calories will slow you down later.
The Standard American Diet (SAD) includes junk food filled with sugar and highly processed foods containing additives, dyes and preservatives. “Mothers who eat junk food while pregnant or breast-feeding have children who are prone to obesity throughout life. The children are also more prone to diabetes, raised cholesterol, and high blood fat.”1
Healthier Choice Bold Snack Mix
Steer clear of foods with lots of added sugars like candy bars or soda. Look for foods that contain fiber like whole-grain breads, cereals, fruit, and vegetables and combine them with protein-rich snacks such as nuts and seeds. This recipe is the perfect addition to any transitioning kitchen.
Get the recipe below!
Healthier Choice Bold Snack Mix Recipe
Healthier Choice Bold Snack Mix is excellent for any time snacking. Kids love to help make this simple snack mix. Great for lunches and snacks on the go. Keep bags ready for traveling! Dairy-Free option and nut-free! Slightly salty, a hint of butter and loaded with garlic boldness!
- 1 12 Oz box rice cereal (chex or generic)
- 1 12 Oz box corn cereal (chex or generic)
- 1 7-9 Oz bag pretzels sticks
- 1 stick butter or equivalent tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp garlic powder to your taste
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 box cheese crackers (cheez-its or goldfish) optional
- 3 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- Mix all dry ingredients together, excluding the garlic powder, in a large roasting pan.
- Melt butter/oil. Mix with Worcestershire sauce. Pour over dry mix and combine to coat.
- Sprinkle on garlic powder and mix to evenly distribute.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Stir at 15 minutes. Let cool before bagging. Enjoy!
Great for lunches, afternoon snacks and snacks on the go! Healthier Choice Bold Snack Mix is filling and full flavored!